Maggie in Florida's Note:
I first tasted these tasty little meatballs at my friend Shirley's house party over 30 years ago. I asked for the recipe and have been making them ever since, sometimes serving them as an appetizer and other times as a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix chili sauce, grape jelly, and lemon juice in a medium sized saucepan.
- 2Sprinkle sugar over all and stir well.
- 3Cook till mixture liquifies.
- 4Form little meatballs (about one inch in diameter or larger, if you prefer) and drop into sauce, making sure you don't splash as it will be hot. (If you moisten your hands with water or oil the meat will not adhere to your hands as readily). Cover.
- 5Cook for 1/2 hour, but after 15 minutes, taste sauce and adjust, if necessary.
- 6These can be served with their sauce on a bed of noodles, or placed on a platter with tootpicks for appetizers without their sauce.
- 7Very tasty, easy and quick to make.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 1002.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 31.9 g