1/3 Photos of Easiest Stay Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies That Ship Well
1 hr 10 mins
Heather Reynolds in Virginia's Note:
These are so easy and soft and fluffy. I was searching for the perfect recipe that stayed soft and fluffy. I never liked the Tollhouse recipe. They were never fluffy enough. I often make them without chocolate chips and roll them in sprinkles for myself. These travel so well and stay soft until the last cookie is gone. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup solid shortening (no substitutes just use plain white shortening)
- 2/3 cup margarine (not butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces milk chocolate or 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (chopped optional)
- 1Cream together shortening, butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 3Drop by teaspoon full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until cookie is lightly brown on top and darker brown on edges.
- 5They almost look like they are buring on the bottom when done but, trust me, they are not. This recipe hasn't yeilded a crunchy cookie yet even when I have burned them.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Stay Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies That Ship Well
Serving Size: 1 (1676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1254.8
- Calories from Fat 573
- Total Fat 63.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 755.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 99.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g