These are so easy and soft and fluffy. I was searching for the perfect recipe that stayed soft and fluffy. I never liked the Tollhouse recipe. They were never fluffy enough. I often make them without chocolate chips and roll them in sprinkles for myself. These travel so well and stay soft until the last cookie is gone. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have.
- 2⁄3 cup solid shortening (no substitutes just use plain white shortening)
- 2⁄3 cup margarine (not butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces milk chocolate or 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (chopped optional)
- Cream together shortening, butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoon full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until cookie is lightly brown on top and darker brown on edges.
- They almost look like they are buring on the bottom when done but, trust me, they are not. This recipe hasn't yeilded a crunchy cookie yet even when I have burned them.