Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I cut this recipe out of some long-forgotten publication ages ago and it has been a favorite fish dish ever since. Works fine with other fish filets, as well. Onion, chives, or leeks may be substituted for green onion if desired.
- 2 ounces red snapper fillets
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish with skin side down.
- Bake at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together.
- When fish is cooked through, spread mixture over the top.
- Place under broiler until top is brown and bubbly. Serve.
I just tried this recipe tonight. I've never really been good at cooking fish. This recipe was FANTASTIC!! BOTH of my picky eaters were impressed....and if you have kids, you know it's almost impossible to please ALL of them with the same thing. This is definitely a keeper! Thanks.