Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the most authentic quick and easy version of etouffee that I have found. Spice up with Tony Cachere's or Tabasco.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 425.24 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 425.24 g can cream of celery soup
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 453.59 g shrimp or 453.59 g crawfish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sautee pepper and onion in butter, in sautee pan, until onions are clear.
- While sauteeing vegetables, add cans of cream of mushroom and cream and celery to pot and let simmer for 10 minute.
- Add sauteed vegetable and shrimp or crawfish to soup mixture. Whisk in milk to desired consistency, up to 1 Celsius Let simmer 10 minute.
- Serve over rice with baked French bread, and add Tony Chacere's to taste.