Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just 4 ingredients.. This can be prepared the day before and kept in the fridge until it's time to cook. My husband can't stand casseroles, but begs me to make this at least once a week.
- Fry onion and ground beef together until ground beef is no longer pink.
- Drain and put in bottom of a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover with the creamed corn.
- Then cover with the potatoes, making sure that all the corn is covered.
- Bake at 350F until the corn starts to bubble up around the potatoes, about 30 minutes (longer if ingredients were cold).
Yummy and super easy. Thanks!
My grandmother used to make shepherd's pie, and it was wonderful. This tasted exactly like hers. This is such an easy recipe, especially if you make mashed potatoes for another meal, make extra, and use the leftovers. I did just that, and instead of adding an onion, I used All Purpose Ground Meat Mix, so it was already seasoned. The way the flavors meld together is amazingly good. We are not fans of creamed corn, but you don't notice too much in here. Thanks Sanc43210!
I'm just a beginner, and this was awesome! I've made it a couple times and the BF and roommates all love it! A really neat twist my BF's Mom told me about, shred a piece of bread (with a shredder or just by hand)and put that in with your beef while you cook it. You end up with really nice little dumplings. I plan to make this many more times!