Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This roast is so delicious no one will believe how simple it is!
Make and share this Easiest Roast Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 -5 lb) chuck roast
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- -Trim most of the fat off the roast.
- -Quarter potatoes.
- - In separate container mix brown gravy and au jus mix with 3 cups water and dissolve.
- - Place roast, carrots and potatoes in crock pot and season with garlic salt and pepper. (I prefer to liberally season the roast with garlic salt and pepper to ensure flavor).
- -Pour in gravy mixture and add more water if needed to cover roast 3/4 of the way.
- -Cook in crock pot on high for 4 hours or on low for 8.