Recipe by Anu
I wasn't quite sure what to call this, because while it is sort of a fruit salad, there's too much "liquid" in here to call that part the "dressing". This recipe has basically 4 components: yogurt, nut butter, sweetener, and fruit. The yogurt adds tartness, the nut butter adds richness and protein, and the sweetener... well, sweetens! Feel free to experiment with different fruits, yogurts, nut butters and sweeteners, and see what flavour appeals to you the most! With 8 grams of protein, this bowl-'o-nutrition is a great way to kickstart your day!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Anu, this is absolutely "YUMMY"! I had been fasting all day today and in the evening after prayers I broke my fast with this delicious fruit bowl! I fell in love with it the minute I had the first spoon! I used a combo of 1/2 a red apple(unpeeled and chopped), 1/2 a fresh peach(peeled and chopped) and a small banana(sliced). For the dressing, I used a combo of yogurt, peanut butter(smooth) and honey. I refrigerated the fruit bowl with the dressing for an hour and a half. The banana in this is really the best. It was sooooo yummy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon smooth cashew butter or 1 tablespoon almond butter or 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I'm sure any other nut butter would work just as well)
- 1 tablespoon strawberry syrup or 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the yogurt, nut butter and syrup together using an immersion blender or even by hand.
- If you do it by hand, place the nut butter in a bowl and whisk rapidly, first gradually adding the yogurt and whisking until incorporated, and then stirring in the syrup.
- With a blender, well, we all know how to do that!
- Placed the chopped fruit in another bowl and pour the dressing over it.
- Mix well and refrigerate overnight, or until ready to serve.
- In the morning, grab this bowl from the fridge, grab a large spoon and dig in!