Recipe by DiXiEmEdiC911
I learned this method from the guys I work with (I'm a paramedic.) It's one we don't have to keep a close eye on, which is important when you can be called on at any minute. Makes the most tender, fall-off-the-fork roast you've ever tasted. The soup and beef broth make a wonderful gravy that goes great over mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Top Review by TheTreefrog
I tried this the other night and it was delicious. The meat (especially toward the bottom of the roast) is very tender and flavorful and the vegetables were delicious. It's equally tasty left over, too.
- 3 -4 lbs roast, approximate (any kind will do)
- 2 cans beef broth
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, chunked
- 1 medium onion, chunked
- 5 carrots, chunked
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, onion, and carrots in crockpot.
- Rub salt and pepper into roast, to taste.
- Place roast on top of vegetables in crockpot.
- Blend together beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, and Worcestershire sauce and pour over roast.
- Do not stir.
- Turn crockpot on high for about 4 hours, then low for 2 more hours.
- If you want to start this in the morning for that evening's supper, simply turn the crockpot on low all day, then high for an hour just before supper.