Recipe by rochsann
Hands down, this is the easiest version of a delicious main dish. It suits a busy family night or dinner with good friends. Adapted from the "Ladies Home Journal 100 Great Pasta Recipes" cookbook my sister gave me. I've been making it for years! It's a little lighter on cream and vodka than most penne vodka recipes. Try it with crusty bread and a crisp, tossed salad.
Top Review by Spokanite
This was easy, fast, and delicious. I used margarine,a pinch of crushed red pepper, no cayenne, about 1 cup or so of half and half, and rotini pasta. I also added some Italian spice mix and a couple of sliced, cooked chicken breast. I loved this dish but sadly, the fam was not excited by it so I will probably not make again. Thanks for a yummy recipe rochsann!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb penne, cooked according to package directions,drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Stir in vodka, seasoned or crushed red pepper, and cayenne; heat gently for two minutes.
- Carefully add tomatoes and salt.
- Increase heat to high and cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat, and stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the penne, and toss with sauce.