Recipe by jo_mama
I think I saw this recipe on Food Network from Alton Brown. It is so easy that once you make it the first time, you'll remember how to make it without the recipe from then on. Enjoy!
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Because I used an 18 ounce jar of crunchy peanut butter, I had to add a couple tablespoons more than 2 lbs confectioners' sugar ~ I did not refrigerate ~ the fudge was cut after about 8 hours at room temperature. The fudge cuts well and is very forgiving ~ pieces can be reshaped with your fingers if it crumbs a little!
- 2 cups peanut butter (chunky or smooth, your choice)
- 1 lb salted butter
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar (10x)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x15 pyrex dish. Cover bottom with wax paper.
- Put peanut butter and butter in a large microwavable bowl. Do Not Cover! I used a large glass casserole dish and that seemed to work perfectly. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Stir to combine. Return to microwave for another 2 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave. Add the vanilla extract to the mixture and stir to combine. Add the powdered sugar and stir combine. You are done stirring once the mixture appears evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Use a second sheet of wax paper to cover the fudge and smooth the top. Place in the fridge to cool. Once cool, discard the wax paper cover and cut into pieces and serve.