Recipe by KissKiss
Perfect for weeknights. The sauce is from italianfoodforever.com. Make the sauce while you're cooking the pasta - it's that fast.
Top Review by Jenn K.
I have made a recipe similar to this for the past couple of years. It is excellent! My DH is mildly allergic to tomatoes, but he insists on having this every couple of weeks, because he loves it so much. Thanks for a slightly different variation to try! I can already tell my DH will love this one just as much!!!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (imported Italian is best)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped finely
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (also called fusilli)
- parmesan cheese, to taste (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rotini (or fusilli) in salted, boiling water according to package directions, reserving a 1/2 cup of the pasta water at the end of cooking.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium and add onion. Cook for a minute or so and add garlic.
- Before garlic takes on color, add the tomatoes. Turn heat up to high, wait for sauce to begin to bubble, then turn back down to medium.
- Season with salt and pepper and add basil. Cook for another minute or two and remove from heat. Add cooked pasta and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of hot pasta water to desired wetness of sauce. Top with Parmesan, to taste, and serve immediately.