Prep 2 mins
Cook 40 mins
Your guests will flip over these meatballs that are so easy, you'll feel positively GUILTY for all the compliments you'll get! Shhh...I won't tell if you won't tell!
- 3 dozen frozen meatballs (I use Trader Joe's party meatballs)
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (try Soy Vay brand Very Very Teriyaki! It's deelish!)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Drop meatballs and about 1/2 to 1 cup teriyaki sauce in a crock pot.
- Add red pepper flakes to taste (I like them hot so I add quite a bit!).
- Simmer for about 20 to 40 minutes (depending on the size of the meatballs, how hot your crockpot is). You can test one meatball by cutting into it; once it is cooked through, they are done!
- If you don't have a crockpot, you can do this over the stove, too! Just make sure you keep it on low and keep checking to make sure the meatballs don't burn on the bottom!
Love this app in a snap idea! I'm sure we all realized we could do this with 'homemade meatballs' as well, but it is certainly nice to have that easy option. Thanks for sharing!!
This is not a recipe. This is adding sauce to something you bought a trader joes.
I loved the idea of easy. The only thing I couldn't get past was using frozen meatballs. I made a basic meatball without all the usual seasonings & used Teriyaki Marinade as teriyaki sauce to cook them in. I baked the meatballs @ 350* for 20 minutes on a jelly roll pan, then drained & transferred them to a 2 quart casserole dish, added the teriyaki & red pepper flakes & baked, covered, for another 15 minutes. The whole family gobbled these down, including my picky toddler that won't usually eat meat. I'll be using this recipe again & I'll definitely try the suggested teriyaki sauce. I only made 1 pound of meatballs for 4 of us & we ate them as a meal instead of an appetizer. Thanks for sharing your recipe & joining the game, Elle! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2008.