Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was tired of plain pancakes and I knew there were recipes out there for Hearty Oatmeal Pancakes, but were more complicated than I wanted to do- I decided to cheat and blend two ready made products and it turned out GREAT! So I decided I should share this with you. Hope you like it!
- 44.79 g package instant banana bread oatmeal
- 236.59-473.18 ml pancake mix (just add___type)
- Follow the directions for pancake mixture, but add enough water to help mix in the package of instant oatmeal as well - until it is the right consistency (should look like a thick cake batter)
- Next heat your fry pan or griddle until hot enough to spray oil onto surface. Turn down heat to medium and use a spray on oil- lightly coating your surface. Let sit a few seconds and pour on your batter. Cook until light golden brown and flip and repeat. Then top with your favorite topping and ENJOY!
- (p.s. Try other flavors of instant oatmeal if you like, this is just the one I used :) ).
I just made these this morning for my grandson and me and they were delicious. I hate pancakes with no texture and these are SO easy. I wondered if there was already a recipe for them and I found yours. We had apple and cinnamon pancakes. :)) Great way for quick, flavorful, nicely textured pancakes.
Great pancakes! I was looking for an easy substitue for Nana's Oatmeal Pancakes since I don't always have buttermilk on hand and my 4-year-old LOVES oatmeal pancakes. I tried your recipe this morning and everyone loved it! It's much more like regular pancakes than my recipe; I'd never have been able to tell they were oatmeal pancakes. We used Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal but I'm dying to try banana and other flavors, too! These will definitely be made many times over. Thanks for sharing your great idea!
I have been doing this for a couple of years and I love it. I thought was the only one.....I guess great minds think alike! I love using the cinnamon roll oatmeal! YUMMY!