Recipe by blucoat
This is a modified version of a recipe from Bon Appétit Magazine (November 1998). This recipe is great because you don't have to precook the noodles. You can also make it without the cornflake topping if you prefer.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup dark raisin (optional)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (to taste)
- 3 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Spread uncooked noodles over bottom of prepared dish and sprinkle with raisins (if using).
- Whisk eggs, sour cream, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Whisk in milk and pour mixture over noodles. Let kugel stand 5 minutes.
- Mix cornflakes and brown sugar in bowl and sprinkle evenly over kugel.
- Bake kugel until set in center, about 1 hour. Cut kugel into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.