Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I grew up eating this ice-cream at Friday night dinners at my Aunt in South Africa. I adapted the recipe for use in the U.S. when I moved here. Preparation time includes freezing time. Takes about 5 minutes to mix.
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping (I use Rich Whip)
- pasteurized liquid egg-whites (4 eggs worth of)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder or 2 tablespoons cocoa or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or a combination of the above flavorings) or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- parev chocolate chips (optional)
- Beat the non-dairy cream until stiff.
- Beat in sugar and flavoring.
- Beat the egg product until very stiff.
- Fold beaten egg product into cream mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
- Freeze (sets completely within 4 to 5 hours).
- Decorate with parev chocolate shavings.