Recipe by Nonnie4Two
This is the way my family has been making and eating lasagna for over 20 years.
Top Review by Nif
The taste of this is really nice and the noodles were totally cooked. I would cut back on the sauce quite a bit if I were to make it again - it was really runny. Either that or serve it with some crunchy bread to sop up the sauce! Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2009. Thanks! :)
- 8 -10 regular lasagna noodles (not the no boil noodles!)
- 40 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 24 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb hamburger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Mix hamburger with spaghetti sauce.
- Beat eggs and mix into cottage cheese.
- Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture on bottom of pan and spread around.
- Place four (or 5) lasagna noodles (uncooked) on top of sauce.
- Layer half of cottage cheese mixture on noodles, then half of meat mixture and half of cheese.
- Place remaining noodles on top of cheese.
- Layer remaining cottage cheese, meat mixture and cheese.
- Cover lasagna with foil and place in oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15-20 minutes more, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.