Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the way my family has been making and eating lasagna for over 20 years.
- 8 -10 regular lasagna noodles (not the no boil noodles!)
- 40 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 24 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb hamburger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Mix hamburger with spaghetti sauce.
- Beat eggs and mix into cottage cheese.
- Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture on bottom of pan and spread around.
- Place four (or 5) lasagna noodles (uncooked) on top of sauce.
- Layer half of cottage cheese mixture on noodles, then half of meat mixture and half of cheese.
- Place remaining noodles on top of cheese.
- Layer remaining cottage cheese, meat mixture and cheese.
- Cover lasagna with foil and place in oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15-20 minutes more, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
The taste of this is really nice and the noodles were totally cooked. I would cut back on the sauce quite a bit if I were to make it again - it was really runny. Either that or serve it with some crunchy bread to sop up the sauce! Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2009. Thanks! :)