Recipe by TinkerToy
I adapted this recipe to fit my naked pantry and fridge. Also, I freeze hamburger in 1/2 pound blocks, so I needed a smaller recipe that didn't use a whole pound of ground meat. This makes about 16 meatballs, but I like to make 32 mini-meatballs! These are delicious and flavorful- enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (sprinkle cheese)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 6 ounces water (just fill the empty tomato sauce can about 3/4 of the way)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomato sauce and water in crock pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine all meatball ingredients and knead until well-mixed.
- Roll into balls of desired size and drop into tomato sauce mixture.
- Let cook on medium-high heat about 5 hours or medium heat all day, stirring occasionally so meatballs are covered with sauce and don't dry out.
- You're done!