Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Arabella Boxer's Book of Elegant Cooking and Entertaining. It's from a vegetarian couscous recipe that I've made multiple times. The sauce brings life to the dish.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons hot vegetable stock or 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- Mix all together and serve with couscous.
- Hot chilis can be added to taste if a spicier sauce is desired.
This recipe has come in very handy on numerous occasions when I haven't had time to make more involved harissa recipes-(meaning=more ingredients). Thanks for posting!
5 stars for how quick and easy this was. Kind of like a wonderfully different ketchup! Mine turned out quite thick, so I added just a bit more broth. I also added crushed red pepper flakes and let it sit a while for the flavors to blend. Used this as a condiment for Chick Pea Burgers #37560.