Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My SIL got me hooked on these mushrooms. Adapted from Desperation Entertaining by Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross. Chill time is 8 hours to 2 days.
- 24 ounces fresh button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the mushrooms off well and let them drain in a colander.
- Slice off any tough stem ends; cut mushrooms in half.
- Put mushrooms in a large Tupperware or Rubbermaid storage bowl with cover.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, and salad dressing mix; whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the mushrooms; toss to coat; cover the bowl and refrigerate for 8 hours to 2 days.
- Stir the mushrooms or shake the bowl around every so often during the marinate time.
- To serve, drain the mushrooms and put in a serving bowl.