The easiest and tastiest macaroni and cheese recipe...so easy my 10 year old can make it! Also the only mac and cheese my very picky 7 year old will eat. Make sure to use extra sharp cheddar, it makes all the difference. Best of all, no need to pre-cook the noodles! Adapted from Moosewood Low Fat Favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place cottage cheese, buttermilk, and mustard in a mixing bowl. Using a stick blender, puree until smooth. (If you don't have a stick blender, a regular blender works fine, just pour into a bowl after it is pureed).
- 3Add cheddar cheese and uncooked macaroni to pureed mixture and stir until well mixed.
- 4Spray a 8x11 baking dish with non-stick spray, then pour mixture into dish.
- 5In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over top of mixture in the baking pan.
- 6Bake for about 45 minutes, until edges are nice and bubbly and top is browned.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Mac 'n' Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.8
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 655.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 24.3 g