The easiest and tastiest macaroni and cheese recipe...so easy my 10 year old can make it! Also the only mac and cheese my very picky 7 year old will eat. Make sure to use extra sharp cheddar, it makes all the difference. Best of all, no need to pre-cook the noodles! Adapted from Moosewood Low Fat Favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place cottage cheese, buttermilk, and mustard in a mixing bowl. Using a stick blender, puree until smooth. (If you don't have a stick blender, a regular blender works fine, just pour into a bowl after it is pureed).
- 3Add cheddar cheese and uncooked macaroni to pureed mixture and stir until well mixed.
- 4Spray a 8x11 baking dish with non-stick spray, then pour mixture into dish.
- 5In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over top of mixture in the baking pan.
- 6Bake for about 45 minutes, until edges are nice and bubbly and top is browned.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Mac 'n' Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.8
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 655.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 24.3 g