1/1 Photo of Easiest Hot Pepper Jelly
Ever since I made the Brie Kisses appetizer recipe I have become addicted to Hot Pepper jelly. I spent a small fortune on small jars and then decided to try to make it myself. Well lets just say I don't have the nack for jelly making. However a friend of mine told me this method and boy my life has changed forever and it takes a whole five minutes to make. Okay, realistically less than 10 minutes depending on how fast you are with a knife.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 2 -3 finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1Spoon out apple jelly into a saucepan.
- 2Add chopped jalapenos.
- 3Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes.
- 4(This could also be done in a microwave).
- 5You can add a drop or two of food coloring if you want.
- 6Pour mixture into sterilized jar and lid; turn upside down for 5 minutes, then upright and it will seal.
- 7Or you can do it the lazy the way like I did- I poured it back into the jar I bought the apple jelly in (didn't even rinse the jar out), tightened the lid on and turn upside down and it sealed itself again.
- 8(I should put a disclaimer that I am not sure if you should do it the lazy way or not-but I keep the jar in the frig-no worries!).
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Hot Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1050.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 118.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 276.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 201.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g