Recipe by Ridgely
Ever since I made the Brie Kisses appetizer recipe I have become addicted to Hot Pepper jelly. I spent a small fortune on small jars and then decided to try to make it myself. Well lets just say I don't have the nack for jelly making. However a friend of mine told me this method and boy my life has changed forever and it takes a whole five minutes to make. Okay, realistically less than 10 minutes depending on how fast you are with a knife.
Top Review by sissy sue
This did not jell for me. I don't know what I did wrong. I went by the recipe, exactly. I put three jalapenos in, seeds and all, and a banana pepper, I think it was, and it is way too hot. We like hot, but that is too hot. I am going to get some more apple jelly, and try again. It is so hard to know just how much peppers to put in.
- 1 (14 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 2 -3 finely chopped jalapeno peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon out apple jelly into a saucepan.
- Add chopped jalapenos.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes.
- (This could also be done in a microwave).
- You can add a drop or two of food coloring if you want.
- Pour mixture into sterilized jar and lid; turn upside down for 5 minutes, then upright and it will seal.
- Or you can do it the lazy the way like I did- I poured it back into the jar I bought the apple jelly in (didn't even rinse the jar out), tightened the lid on and turn upside down and it sealed itself again.
- (I should put a disclaimer that I am not sure if you should do it the lazy way or not-but I keep the jar in the frig-no worries!).