1/3 Photos of Easiest "homemade" Chicken (Or Turkey) Pot Pie Ever!
Your family or guests won't ever suspect you didn't slave away all day! This is also a wonderful use for leftover turkey! My kids don't like veggies, so you won't see many in this recipe. You can always add celery, carrots or peas as desired. Serve with a nice green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ready-made pie crusts (I prefer Pillsbury)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans
- 4 potatoes
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans gravy (I like to use 1 each of chicken, turkey & beef, but you can play with this one.)
- poultry seasoning
- garlic salt
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees and take pie crusts out of the fridge to allow to warm up a bit.
- 2Saute the chicken in a large, deep skillet with the chopped onion and 2 TB margarine until chicken is no longer pink. Season with 3 dashes poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and 2 dashes garlic salt. While chicken is cooking, peel and chop potatoes. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl with a little bit of water, cover and microwave for 8 minutes.
- 3When chicken is done, add cans of gravy and worcestershire sauce. Gravy should "bite" just a little bit from the worcestershire sauce, as the flavors will mellow out while baking (worcestershire sauce may have to be adjusted depending on which brand of gravy you use.)
- 4Add veggies to chicken mixture.
- 5Unroll one crust and place in the bottom of a 2-quart oven-proof dish. Pour chicken mixture on top, and cover with other crust. Seal & crimp crust and cut for venting.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees until top is browned, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest "homemade" Chicken (Or Turkey) Pot Pie Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (657 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1777.6
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 157.7 mg
- Sodium 11750.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 234.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 86.9 g