Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this on an Aussie Website and have used it ever since. It is the easiest fried rice I've ever made and it is so good. I have often wanted to cook fried rice and I have had no leftover cooked rice ready well you don't use leftover rice for this recipe so it is a very handy recipe.
- 236.59 ml rice, uncooked (I use Basmati)
- 236.59-473.18 ml chicken stock
- 2-3 slice bacon, cooked & chopped
- 29.58 ml shallots (green onions)
- 236.59 ml prawns, cooked (or add chicken, pork or anything you like instead)
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (if using prawns)
- 29.58-44.37 ml soy sauce, to taste
- Cook the eggs in a pan with a quick spray of olive oil. I break the yolks and run a knife through them and cook until just set then cut into small strips.
- Fry rice until browned, add stock and cook until moisture is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add shallots, then egg and bacon pieces, cooked prawns and heat through.
- Add lemon juice (if using prawns) and soy sauce to taste.
This recipe is a guaranteed success!! I didn't have some of the ingredients so I just replaced them with other things and it still tasted great! 5/5!
Tasted just like my Fave restaurant. I made some changed to accommodate some vegan friends, we used veggie stock instead of chicken and left out the egg and it was still delicious for everyone.