Recipe by Ninna
Found this on an Aussie Website and have used it ever since. It is the easiest fried rice I've ever made and it is so good. I have often wanted to cook fried rice and I have had no leftover cooked rice ready well you don't use leftover rice for this recipe so it is a very handy recipe.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked (I use Basmati)
- 1 -2 cup chicken stock
- 2 -3 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots (green onions)
- 1 cup prawns, cooked (or add chicken, pork or anything you like instead)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (if using prawns)
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the eggs in a pan with a quick spray of olive oil. I break the yolks and run a knife through them and cook until just set then cut into small strips.
- Fry rice until browned, add stock and cook until moisture is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add shallots, then egg and bacon pieces, cooked prawns and heat through.
- Add lemon juice (if using prawns) and soy sauce to taste.