Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wow, this sounds so easy and wonderful. No chopping required! I found this recipe on the Good Housekeeping website.
- 4 (15 ounce) canssliced pears in light syrup, drained
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup oats (either old-fashioned or quick-cooking, uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut up (1 stick)
- whipped cream (optional) or softened ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F In shallow, 2-quart baking dish, combine pear slices and pie filling.
- In medium bowl, with fork, stir together oats, flour, sugar and cinnamon. With fingertips, mix in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Crumble topping over fruit.
- Place baking dish on cookie sheet and bake crisp 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and filling is hot and bubbling. Cool crisp slightly on wire rack to serve warm. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if you like.
This was in November 2002 Good Housekeeping, and I saved this page then. It is a wonderful dessert. I have made this several times since saving from the magazine and it is one of our favorites. Happy to see it posted here. :)