Recipe by Epi Curious
This is so good and so easy...takes you back to summer days of your childhood. From Maxwell House Coffee Drinks & Desserts Cookbook. Note: preparation time does not include 2 hours' freezing time after placing in ice cream maker.
Top Review by mwei3
Just made it tonight! Very easy to make. Glad we used Kona coffee since we are very big coffee drinkers and the stronger the better.
We made no alterations to the recipe at all. We used three tablespoons of ground Kona to make the one cup of coffee. Then we made more coffee to enjoy while we were waiting for the mixture to chill as not to waste large amount of grounds. If we had not had Kona or another very strong blend I think I would have used Espresso.
Excited to try this again with some other coffee- like my favorite Honeybell Coffee...sounds perfect for summer! Thanks for this easy recipe!
- 1 cup cold brewed extra strong coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the coffee, cream and condensed milk in a large bowl until well blended. Refrigerate for about 1 hour to chill. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Spoon ice cream ito a 1 quart freezer container and cover. Freeze for about 2 hours o4 until firm before serving.
- Vations: Stir in 1 cup of any of the following as the ice cream begins to freeze in the ice cream maker: coarsely chopped, chocolate-covered coffee beans; coarsely chopped, chocolate-covered toffee bars; or coarsely chopped biscotti.