Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Do you have a recipe that calls for cooked chicken? I have roughly 23,000,000 of them and yet I never seem to have any cooked chicken sitting around. That's where this recipe comes in. It's very popular on allrecipes.com because it makes perfectly moist and delicious chicken every time, pretty much with no effort. It's even great made with one bouillon cube,no butter, and just a sprinkling of garlic salt--that's how I always make it, in an effort to make it even healthier.
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Pour the water into a microwave-safe casserole dish, and place in the microwave. Heat until boiling, about 2 minutes. Stir in bouillon cubes, butter, italian seasoning, dill, and garlic salt.
- Pierce the chicken breasts with a fork on one side, and place the pierced side down in the casserole dish. The chicken should be almost covered by the liquid, if not completely covered.
- Cover the dish, and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, and juices run clear. If the chicken is not done after the 10 minutes, continue to cook at 1 1/2 minute intervals.
I am having my kitchen redone and needed to make a quick meal. I didn't want to get the charcoal grill going because it was so hot outside so I decided to try this recipe in my microwave. I had marinaded my chicken breast earlier in the day. This was so easy and tasted great.
Delicious! I make it just as is for a quick weeknight meal -- it's that good!
This worked out great! I just had 1 chicken breast to cook for a chicken pot pie. I halved the recipe and omitted the italian seasoning and the dill. I also used Smart Balance in place of the butter. I will use this many more times I'm sure!