Recipe by Sherrybeth
This recipe was given to me by the owner of a bed and breakfast in Arkansas. It is SO easy to make. Just make sure you are a really quick "stirrer", as my daughter says.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans or walnuts)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use milk chocolate for a milder flavor)
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 8 inch square pan with waxed paper. Butter the waxed paper and put chopped nuts on top of butter.
- In microwaveable bowl, combine both packages of chips. Microwave until melted.
- QUICKLY stir in sweetened condensed milk and pour into pan.
- This doesn't take but a second to start getting hard, so stir and pour quickly.
- It is usually completely set within an hour. Make sure it is cool before cutting.
- I have to cut this in small squares because it is very rich.