Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
No separate cooking for the sauce in this awesome dish. Ready for the table in minutes.
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Boil fettucini according to package directions.
- Meantime, cream butter until fluffy, then add egg yolk and cream.
- Beating constantly, add Parmesan cheese.
- Drain noodles and toss in butter mixture immediately to melt.
- Season with salt and pepper and add some chopped parsley for color.
- Serve immediately.
SAVORY ! This is almost a clone of a recipe I've had for quit a few years called BRIE PASTA. The preparation is much the same but the taste is altogether different. It is a pleasure to add this to my 'book'. Thanx!
This is a vey kid friendly dish, both to cook and eat. I'm teaching my 12 year old great nephew to cook and this was the perfect recipe, he was thrilled with the end result and all the compliments he received from adults. However, I think the biggest compliment was that his little brother liked it so much. Thanks so much for posting this keeper.
increased this recipe for 250 guests. Was a great success. Doing this again tonight.