Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is super easy to throw together for a holiday party or as a side dish. It comes out perfectly delicious every time and is great with meatloaf, turkey, or chicken.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups saltine crackers (crushed)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine in a bowl corn, milk, crackers, and onion and mix with a spoon until blended.
- Mix in a liberal pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a 2 qt casserole dish and dab butter on top.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until top is bubbly and slightly golden brown.
This a was good side to our fish tonight. I took into consideration the previous review and did reduce the milk to 1/3 cup and added a can of well drained, diced green chilies. I dusted the top with smoked paprika as Susie mentioned and it was really quite a pretty dish when done. Very down home. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2011
I reduced the amounts to make half a recipe. After stirring, the mixture seemed too fluid so I mixed in an egg. The recipe set up during baking, but was still fairly soft. The result was a basic corn casserole. It's easy to make, but I wished I had added additional seasonings to jazz the flavor. Maybe smoked paprika or a jalapeno? Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef. :-)