Recipe by NOOBchef
ONE ingredient, a microwave and a bowl ! Thats all you need to make these ;) I used the chocolate chips to make Recipezaar let me publish it.You can use them, or any other garnish you want - or none! Thats' how I like mine. This is great to do with kids because it is SO easy and there isn't any tricky measuring, delicate ingredients or boring waiting time. It still tastes healthy and homemade because of the oatiness, even with no effort on your part.
- 5 granola bars (simpler is better-I like Uncle Tobys' plain choc chip)
- 12 chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out the granola bars on a cookie tray. Microwave them for three to four minutes. NOTE: Make sure they don't burn! They should be slightly flatter than before, but no darker, and when you pick them up they should be quite hot and very malleable.
- As soon as the microwave beeps, QUICKLY pick up the granola bars (I use kitchen paper towels so as not to burn myself!) and transfer them into a bowl.
- Take pieces of "dough" from the bowl and put them on a tray (or just a large plate), then shape them into small, round cookies. NOTE: they'll stick to paper so don't make that mistake!
- Press a chocolate chip into the top of each one.
- Leave them to cool - about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your homemade granola cookies!