Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy, delicious chocolate chip cookie. It calls for self-rising flour which eliminates adding baking soda and or baking powder or salt. Try them, they are good. Dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. I think it was a Southern Living recipe when I found it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 2⁄3 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, I use mini morsels
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, beat in at low speed until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart on parchment paper or lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. (If using chilled dough bake for 12-13 minutes).
- Cool on cookie sheets on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool for 30 minutes.