Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Do you have some bananas that need to be used up? This is a great recipe from Chatelaine Food Express Quickies which uses chocolate cake mix. You can have a lovely cake ready in under 45 minutes. When I made this I used Dr.Oetker Added Touch Devil's Food Cake Mix. The cake mix package size was 520 g and I baked it in a bundt pan for 45 min.
Top Review by Elly in Canada
A very moist and tasty way to use a chocolate cake mix and over ripe bananas! I used 1 cup of mashed banana and 1/2 cup of water, added 1/2 cup of toasted pecans. Baked in 9x13 glass baking dish and frosted with a store bought white frosting! Quick, easy and tasty!
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup banana, pureed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix following the directions on the package but using only 1 cup of water.
- Stir in the pureed bananas.
- Bake in 2 greased 9" square baking pans for 30 minutes (cake is done when toothpick comes out clean).
- ALTERNATE PANS AND BAKING TIMES:.
- 1-9X13" pan = 35-40 minute.
- 2-8" round pans = 35-40 minute.
- 2-9" round pans = 30-35 minute.
- 2-8" square pans = 30-35 minute.
- 24 cupcakes = 20-25 minute.
- 12 cup fluted pan (bundt pan) = 40-45 minute.