Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Do you have some bananas that need to be used up? This is a great recipe from Chatelaine Food Express Quickies which uses chocolate cake mix. You can have a lovely cake ready in under 45 minutes. When I made this I used Dr.Oetker Added Touch Devil's Food Cake Mix. The cake mix package size was 520 g and I baked it in a bundt pan for 45 min.
- Prepare cake mix following the directions on the package but using only 1 cup of water.
- Stir in the pureed bananas.
- Bake in 2 greased 9" square baking pans for 30 minutes (cake is done when toothpick comes out clean).
- ALTERNATE PANS AND BAKING TIMES:.
- 1-9X13" pan = 35-40 minute.
- 2-8" round pans = 35-40 minute.
- 2-9" round pans = 30-35 minute.
- 2-8" square pans = 30-35 minute.
- 24 cupcakes = 20-25 minute.
- 12 cup fluted pan (bundt pan) = 40-45 minute.
A very moist and tasty way to use a chocolate cake mix and over ripe bananas! I used 1 cup of mashed banana and 1/2 cup of water, added 1/2 cup of toasted pecans. Baked in 9x13 glass baking dish and frosted with a store bought white frosting! Quick, easy and tasty!
This recipe was made by my 8 yr old niece. So, I am letting her rate the recipe - This was my first cooking experience and it was going well until I lifted the beaters out of the bowl and flung batter everywhere. I ended up with only 23 cupcakes. This dishrag ended up with 1. These cupcakes were nice and moist with good flavor. Even my little sister ate them and she hates bananas - I sneaky chefed her :)