Donna Matthews's Note:
The prep for this salad can be done days ahead, then tossed together just before serving. It travels well and even the teenagers gobble it up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups prepared coleslaw mix
- 10 green onions, sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced (or use prepared bag of diced cooked chicken)
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles, oriental flavor
- 6 ounces slivered almonds (may be toasted)
- 6 ounces sunflower seeds (roasted, salted are very good)
- 1 cup sesame oil (or part sesame, part canola)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1Boil chicken breasts in hot water until cooked through (about 20 minutes).
- 2Cool, dice, and put in a zipper bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 3Slice green onions and put in a small zipper bag in refrigerator (unless your kids don't like them and you leave them out).
- 4Break up the ramen noodles into small pieces.
- 5Combine the noodles, almonds and sunflower seeds in a zipper bag; ready for assembly.
- 6For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, and flavor packet from Ramen noodle package.
- 7Shake well to combine and store in refrigerator.
- 8Because I find most sesame oils very heavy, I prefer to use 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil and the rest canola oil.
- 9When ready to serve, combine the slaw mix and green onions, and chicken in a large bowl.
- 10Sprinkle noodle/ nut mixture over top.
- 11Shake dressing and pour over all.
- 12Toss entire salad well and serve.
- 13The chicken can be left out for use as a side dish.
- 14Other flavors of Top Ramen can be used for variety, but oriental is our favorite.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Ever Chinese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 46.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Top Ramen noodles