Recipe by D. Todd Miller
I have never found a lasagna recipe easier than this one. I serve this with a side green salad, garlic toast, and a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top. It is also a hit among kids! Note: I would avoid using whole wheat noodles, as they turn out too hard and chewy in this preparation.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 8 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese (you may subsitute small curd cottage cheese)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season ground beef with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook in a pan until done. (I drain off most of the fat).
- In a small bowl, mix spaghetti sauce and water. Set aside.
- In a greased crock pot, place 4 lasagna noodles on the bottom. Layer with 1/2 of sauce mixture, 1/2 of beef, and 1/2 of mushrooms.
- Spread evenly over mixture the carton of ricotta cheese and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Place remaining 4 uncooked lasagna noodles on top. Layer remaining sauce mixture, beef, and mushrooms. Spread evenly 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat and cook on low for 5 hours. (This time varies; a large crock pot will take longer to cook. The lasagna is done when the noodles are tender).