Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe in a Women's Day Magazine entilted Slow Cooking. I added a few more spices to kick up the flavor a little bit. This is a true comfort food
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) soup cans water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 16 ounces buttermilk biscuits (8)
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot except biscuits; blend well.
- Cut biscuits into quarters, stir into mixture.
- Cover; cook on Low 4 to 6 hours stirring occsionally or until biscuits are cooked.
This recipe was such a HUGE hit in our house. I cooked it for about 6 hours and it came out amazing. I did use refrigerated flakey layer biscuits instead of buttermilk, and they came out just like a dumpling, chewy and noodly-like. I did stir the biscuits into the mixture 4 or 5 different times throughout the cooking time, so maybe that helped cooking them? The entire family loved it.
My family loves chicken and biscuits and love crock pot cooking so I thought this would be a perfect recipe. I was wrong. I made it exactly as the recipe says but not only cooked it 6 hours on low but an additional hour on high and the biscuits were still a slimmy mess. We ended up picking the biscuits out and throwing them out and serving the rest over toast. I'm only posting this so others will be aware. This was not the comfort food I was hoping for. So sorry for the poor rating.