Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A friend gave me this recipe...claimed it was the easiest recipe for Chicken Alfredo she has made. Serve this over noodles of your choice...I used linguini noodles.
- 2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 5⁄8 ounce Italian salad dressing mix
- 26 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Place frozen chicken tenders in crock pot.
- Mix italian dressing with cream of chicken soup.
- Put soup mix on top of chicken.
- Put cream cheese block on top -- do not stir!
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- When cream cheese gets soft enough then stir it into soup mixture.
- Serve over noodles.
I won't give stars because I didn't stick to the recipe. I used a pint of home-canned chicken and the broth it was in and two cans of 10 oz cream of chicken soup. I also added a splash of white cooking wine. I would probably add a second package of Italian seasoning dressing to up the flavor next time. We served it all over pasta shells. Good comfort food.
Not a big hit at our house. I made this exactly as posted.
We were not a fan of this dish. It didn't taste like alfredo sauce and overall had little flavor. It was creamy and the cream cheese helped a bit but it was something that after one or two bites nobody wanted. A shame because I wwas hoping for something easy and lower fat to traditional alfredo sauce.