Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is so easy to put on in the morning on my way out to work and I come home to a yummy dinner entree. All I do is add some cooked rice or mashed potatoes and a veggie or salad.
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can French onion soup
- flour (or corn starch mixed with water for thickening gravy)
- Trim beef of all fat and cut into pieces to fit in crock pot.
- Dump in cans of soup on top of meat- no need to stir.
- Put lid on and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat from crock pot and pour juices from crockpot into small saucepan.
- Bring to boiling and thicken with flour or corn starch mix.
- Serve meat and gravy with mashed potatoes or rice.
This is a pretty good recipe for a roast. I added my veggies underneath and it turned out wonderful! I think next time I will try a few spices in it for my tongue to have a little more fun. Thanks so much!
I am not a big pot roast fan but this was fantastic! Added a packet of slow cooker pot roast blend (shelved near packet gravys)and there was no need to make the gravy. The family loved it!
Made this yesterday. As the other reviewer suggested, I also added potaoes, carrots, celery, onions, minced garlic & some of Emeril's Essence. It turned out real good! Thanks for sharing.