1/3 Photos of Easiest Crispy Jacket Baked Potato for Lazy Busy People
I took a photo one day on Zaar of some chicken and included a jacket potato in my meal and was asked how I got it so crispy. Sadly my only wise answer was: Lazyness !This is an ultra simple recipe where the potatoes are baked in the oven WITHOUT any tin foil in sight. Cooking time can vary from 30 minutes to one hour depending on the type and size of potato. Voila! Add the toppings of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large potatoes (suitable for baking)
- 1Preheat your oven at 400 F (200 C).Scrub the potatoes well but keep them whole: don't peel or slice them. Place them onto a chopping board and stab each of them with a vegetable knife 4 or 5 times in various places.
- 2Put them onto the middle rack of the oven and cook for about 40 minutes or until they are soft and cooked though when tested with a knife.
- 3Place the cooked potato on the chopping board and cut an X shape in the top, but not all the way though, then using a clean towel or oven gloves (these babies are HOT) push the bits between the X to make it pop up nice and decratively and to have a place to put some butter or the topping of your choice. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Crispy Jacket Baked Potato for Lazy Busy People
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g