Recipe by Chef J. Bradford
A great alternative to traditional SOS. Lower in fat too! This is a recipie my mother used back in the 1960's using cream of mushroom soup instead of white sauce.
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package dried beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (reduced sodium works great)
- 0.5 (5 ounce) can whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- toasted bread (Rye is great but white is traditional)
Directions See How It's Made
- You may want to rinse the beef in cold water to reduce saltiness and dry in a paper towel.
- Shred the beef into small pieces and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes in butter.
- Add mushroom soup, milk and white pepper.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes and serve over toast.