Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is quickly made and preserves the crab flavor and health value by using far less mayonnaise than many crab cake recipes and by using small cubes of white bread rather than bread crumbs.
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice bread, thick stale cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ground black pepper (generous shake)
- sweet butter (to fry in)
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients together well.
- Shape into 8 cakes and saute in sweet butter until both sides are crisp and brown.