Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
simply the best and easiest to make. I got great revues from the people at work.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 4 eggs
- 1 (2 ounce) envelopelipton recipe secrets golden onion soup mix
- 8 ounces canned crabmeat
- 8 ounces of shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake pie shell for 10 minutes. Remove shell and reduce temperature to 375.
- In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients except the cheese.
- Spread cheese in and around the pie shell and then add the mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes (a knife inserted into middle should come out clean).
- Serve hot or cold.ITS DELICIOUS !
I made this for dinner last night using 1 C of fresh crab. It just didn't turn out for us. There was so much cheese that it couldn't be spread around the 9" deep dish pie shell- it completely filled it. Then it took an extra 15-20 minutes of baking before the knife would come out clean. After 45m I let it cool thinking it would set -but had to cook an additional 15m. Then the taste was overwhelming rich with cheese. But it was very easy to make & smelled wonderful while baking and I think it has possibilities. I will try this again with 1/2 the cheese or less and then it may work better for us. Thank you.
This should have at least 10 stars! I loved it, DH loved it, DD loved it and friend loved it. I hated to share. Will definately make again. THANKS!