Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Had some things laying around in the pantry...badabing...I had chili. My DH raved about it and said it was better than all of those "from scratch" chilis I'd made in the past!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped (I throw a handful or two of frozen chopped onion in)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 16 ounces of bush's chili starter
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 pinches salt
- Place oil in pan and saute garlic and onions.
- Add meat, separate and brown.
- Sprinkle on seasonings & salt.
- Open can of chili starter and tomatoes and add to the mix.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and EAT!
This is good and quick to make!! Made to freeze, I am going out of town for 2 weeks and DH will need lunches and dinners while I am gone. I had a small bowl for "quality control" before I froze it. Added shredded cheese and it was perfect. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.