Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This may not be authentic, it may not even be mexican, but when you're in the mood for something hot, quick and filling, it's sure gooooood! The perfect soup for a bachelor or someone who just doesn't have time to stew over a lengthy recipe.
- 6 -8 slices boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 (48 ounce) canv- 8 brand vegetable juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (I prefer swanson 99% fat free)
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel brand diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- thin white corn tortilla chips
- 1 -2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- Preheat oven at 350, and bake the chicken for about 30 minutes, turning it over half way through.
- Allow to cool, then dice into bite size pieces, or smaller if you prefer.
- Place chicken, v8, broth, and the rotel in a large pot, and heat through until desired temperature.
- Serve hot poured over slightly crushed tortilla chips, garnished with pepper jack cheese as desired.
- Variations: If desired, you can also add sauteed onions, green peppers, chunks of tomatoes, whole kernel corn, more green chilis if you like it hotter, and just about anything your taste or imagination can come up with.