Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am posting this recipe so that I do not lose it. It is very easy to prepare and very tasty. This recipe is a base that you can add all sorts of dried fruits and nuts to or just leave as it is. You can substitute the meats for any other you fancy.
- Fry the onion in the oil.
- Add the spices, except the saffron and cook gently for a few seconds before adding the chicken portions.
- When the chicken has coloured slightly, add enough chicken stock to just cover them.
- Then add the saffron.
- Cover and put into the oven at 170ºC for 1 hour or until cooked.
- Remove chicken pieces form dish and boil the juices so that they become more syrupy. This is when you can add your nuts and/or dried fruit.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or cous-cous or anything to mop up the juices.