1/1 Photo of Easiest Chicken & Rice Casserole Ever!!!
Very much a comfort food dish. Easily prepared by ingredients most of us have on hand in our pantry. So easy to make. You can also easily edit the recipe choosing soups you prefer, this is my favorite combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (could substitute cream of celery)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 2% low-fat milk, using one of the soup cans to measure (note, this is ONE can total NOT per can of soup as the soup directions may indicate)
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts, chicken tender strips work too
- 1 cup uncooked instant Minute Rice
- lemon pepper (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (see baking instructions for alternate methods).
- 2Mix the 2 cans of soup, 1 can milk, and 1 cup of uncooked rice together. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 3Pour above mixture into a 13x9x2 casserole dish.
- 4Cut the chicken into strips (about the width of a chicken tender/finger).
- 5Push the chicken strips down into the soup & rice mixture in the casserole dish so they are completely emerged.
- 6Sprinkle top with lemon pepper/salt/black pepper.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees 35-40 minutes or until chicken is finished. NOTE that cooking time will vary depending on how you choose to cut up the chicken. If using whole chicken breasts cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until finished.
- 8You may also choose to make this in a crock pot, if so, cook on low 7-8 hours.
- 9My family loves this recipe and it is SOOOO easy to make, plus I usually have all of these ingredients on hand which makes for a quick meal.
- 10I love the flavors of the rice so much that sometimes I will make it without the chicken as a quick and easy side dish!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Chicken & Rice Casserole Ever!!!
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 1176.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 30.1 g