Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Used for our Gourmet Club. So, easy and delicious I kept thinking am I forgetting to do something. May seem like a lot of wine, but alot gets absorbed overnight by the chicken. Raves from the Club.
- Scramble egg in small bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts into egg and dredge into bread crumbs on both sides.
- Saute breasts in a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan; set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in a small amount of olive oil.
- Add broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Lay chicken breasts side by side in baking dish.
- Pour mushrooms and wine sauce over chicken.
- Marinate overnight in fridge.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes uncovered until hot.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
- **The sauce absorbs into the chicken so you want alot of sauce to begin with.
- Also realize the alcohol burns off during the cooking.
- If you choose to have less sauce, broth and wine should be of equal proportions.
This is a 5 star recipe for flavor & appearance however baking it in the dish that you have marinated it in does not allow the bottom of the breast to crisp and it remains very soft. Next time I would place it on a shallow rack in the oven or pan fry in a non stick pan so both sides get that lovely golden texture. This is an easy ,do ahead, recipe and I will be making it again. Thanks janet gut
This was so easy to make and was very well liked. I think I'm even going to make this for Christmas Eve. Wonderful dish to make when you don't want to send time in the kitchen while you have guests. Just make sure you use a GOOD Marsala Wine.
I made this for Christmas dinner, my husband and parents LOVED it! I didn't get time to prepare it the night before, so did it in the morning. Will definately go in my "make again" file. Thank-you!