Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a soup I've been enjoying for years. It's super easy, all you do is combine and heat the ingredients. It's great when you want something fast and fairly healthy. This makes a large pot so I eat the leftovers for lunch all week! Great on a cold night.
- 6 cups low fat and reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs frozen vegetables (any kind, I use mixed)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 16 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubbed
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot heat chicken broth and velveeta over medium-high heat until velveeta is melted into broth and there are no more chunks.
- Stir often
- Add can of tomatoes and frozen veggies.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 15 mins -- ENJOY!
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2008. Thank you, nursecindy, for this quick and easy recipe. I'm from Canada and wasn't able to find Rotel tomatoes. After looking on the internet I decided to substitute an equal quantity of salsa. This was quite flavourful but I did find that the Velveeta made the soup more salty than I care for. Next time I think I may use half Velveeta and half cream cheese, adding the latter at the end of the cooking process.