Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the easiest carrot cake because you don't have to grate the carrots - you use jars of baby food carrots. No more scraped knuckles. Also makes it very moist. This is DH's favorite carrot cake - mine too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 jars carrot baby food (Jr. Size)
- 1 cup nuts
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon by hand until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup ground nuts.
and now it's mine too! love the ease and the taste!
The ONLY reason I am giving this 4 stars instead of 5 is because something about it, either the flavor, or the texture or both, made me think it would work a lot better as a muffin than as a cake. The first day I didn't care for it much, but it seemed like the more time that went by the more moist and flavorful this became. It is delicious and you can't beat the ease of making - but I think next time I'll make muffins instead :-)
Very easy cake to make and it smells wonderful while baking! Made this for my FIL for Father's Day and it was a big hit! He said he really liked the coconut added. I used two 6 ounce jars of carrot baby food and walnuts, baked in a bundt pan for about 50 minutes, than frosted with store bought cream cheese frosting.